
Ok so I'm a sucker for stray dogs (not so much cats because I think they can live off of mice and lizards and pretty much fend for themselves) and I happened to almost hit a Golden Retriever puppy on my way to the church office. I continued to drive away, but 1 minute later I found myself turning the car around to go help this puppy. He quickly jumped into my car.
I was afraid to tell Nathan, but called him up and told him what I had done. He wanted to know how long I was planning on keeping this puppy. I said "a week". So the story continues...This puppy does not like cats-at all. In fact he tried to eat my cat! This resulted in a huge fight and a hole in my living room wall. So next the cat goes to live in the laundry room so has she is not to be eaten by this cute puppy.
I post FOUND signs the same day on the road I found him. And also place him on Pets911.com. This resulted in a phone call from a woman who thought it was her dog-come to find out it was not her dog. When returning home from the unsuccessful event I see a husky puppy running down my street. Next thing I know he is in my garage and wanting to come into the house!
So of course I had to help this puppy too!
3 dogs are now ruling and ruining my house-which by the way I am trying to pack. After 2 days with these puppies I spring into panic mode. My neighbor is so wonderful she helps me out with the situation. We begin to think of ideas-calling PetsMart-because one of the puppies is wearing a scarf from them, Next we think to bring both dogs to the vet and have them scanned for a micro-chip. The husky puppy scores, but the Golden is at a loss.
So I get the name and number for the husky pup’s owner and call. 5 minutes later I get a call back. And it's my neighbor who had recently adopted this Husky pup.
Still no more calls on the Golden. By this point I had contacted a Golden Rescue. But they informed me that I had to keep the pup for 7 days before they could take him. Of course this is the day I am to move. So I call Nathan and he agrees that we can keep the dog for 7 days. 3 days later I am going crazy and call the Rescue place again begging for them to take the dog NOW!
Still they can not take him. So sadly I took him to Animal Control.
Now I know that some of you may be angry with me for doing this-but I had to in this situation. If we were not in the process of moving I could have kept the puppy for the 7 days. But not this time.
So now I have learned that I can't help stray dogs and that 1 dog is enough for me!
2 comments:
It is a little sad for the golden, too bad he didn't fit into the family! But, you did more than most would have already. He could have been hit by a car or had a really rought couple of weeks ahead of him...you did good sista!
Happy moving...see you soon!!
What a heart to help these dogs!
When do you get to move into your new house?
~ Shannon
Post a Comment