Thursday, September 18, 2008

No TV-make cookies

So we have been TV-less in our house for about three or four weeks now. And I am not talking no cable; we really got rid of our 2 TVs'. Tuesday night I planned to make cookies for our Wed Bible study. I sarcastically asked Nathan if he would like to help me-to my surprise he said "yes". So here are some pics from the memorable time. I like not having a TV. It's helping us find new ways to hang out with each other.


9 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! good for you! What made you get rid of them? It's something I've considered, but now that the new episodes of the Office are coming next week, I don't know if I can! ;)
ps Did Nathan have to get rid of his computer games too?

dobernews said...

yeah, I agree with the computer game idea!! ;)
Hey, were those unbaked cookies? the ones with coconut that you keep in the freezer?? Those are my FAVORITE!!! :)
GOod for you guys...I don't think I can get rid of the TV b/c I am addicted to One Tree Hill!! Even waiting a week is excrutiating! UGH! SAD!!
xoxo

The Erickson Family said...

I'm curious about the reasoning too... You can't watch movies now, can you?

Unknown said...

We still watch movies on Nate's laptop. But we are more selective in the kind of movies we watch. We also watch shows online. well not yet. But HERO'S starts tonight so we will watch it online tomorrow night.
The main reason is TV is a waste of time and nothing that great is on it. We don't want to waste minutes with Christina or each other to channel surf. Oh and to save money. No more 22 cable bill. :)

Unknown said...

oh and yes Nathan did get rid of a lot of his computers games that were not good. Also with no TV we are getting rid of the XBox and PlayStation

♥ Natalie said...

That is awesome, guys!!!!! I would get rid of ours in a heart beat, however, Marc enjoys watching it. It gets really frustrating at times, actually! How did you decide to get rid of it?! Who's idea and how was the idea followed? Seriously, give me details... maybe I could try it out. I once had a bishop that there was a sister that was fed up with the tv and the lack of attention her kids and hubby were giving her, so she grabbed the tv and threw it outside into the pool. Crazy!!

♥ Natalie said...

Oh, I just saw your responses to everyone else's questions. Sorry, I never read the other comments before I post. Good for you guys!!!! You are a GREAT example to ALL and I so wish that my hubby and I were on the same page about that - it would save a lot of my frustration and fights.

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you guys did it! We, too, watch The Office and Prison Break. TV is a waste of time and I've been limiting my computer time too because it can take up a lot of unnecessary time for me! I rarely have the tv on during the day and I'm still busy:) I also think donating your tv's to Home of Hope was really generous!

Kari, RN said...

What a really great idea! I'm impressed with your thoughts behind it.

I've been TV-less every other traveling nurse assignment, and hate to admit that I don't really miss it when it's not around (like right now). It makes me think, why would I ever go back?